News Go

News & articles

Child temporarily paralyzed after undetected tick bite

A mother in Oregon shared an alarming video of her young daughter struggling to stand after she was unknowingly bit by a tick, and the footage has since gone viral on Facebook. Amanda Lewis, who lives in eastern Oregon with her husband, Lantz, their their daughter. Evelyn, and a young son, said Evelyn had trouble standing earlier this week and had been acting strangely.

“She didn’t want to stand up after her bath to get into her pajamas,” Lewis posted on May 13. “I helped her and got her in bed. She was a little fussy last night and I ended up sleeping in bed with her all night.”

“This morning she was having a hard time standing. She could barely walk, or crawl, and could hardly use her arms,” Lewis posted.

DIARRHEA OUTBREAKS LINKED TO SWIMMING POOLS ON THE RISE IN US

The concerned mother wrote that due to her husband’s history with an undisclosed cancer, they sent a video of Evelyn struggling before taking her to the emergency room.

“The doctor talked to us for a minute and said over the past 15 years he had seen about 7 or 8 children her age with identical symptoms and more than likely she had a tick,” Lewis posted.

Doctors eventually found a tick…

Read the full article from the Source…

Back to Top