The No. 1 team in the country, Long Beach State, continues to dominate the national statistics. The 12-0 49ers are tops nationally in team hitting percentage (.429) and opponent hitting percentage (.147).
No. 2 UCLA is atop the leaderboard in kills (13.49) and assists (12.65) per set. With setter Micah Ma’a also boasting the national lead in assists per set (10.94).
The individual lead in hitting percentage continues to change hands as UCLA’s Daenan Gyimah takes the crown with a .503 efficiency ahead of last week’s leader Tyler Mitchem of Lewis (.495) and week 4 leader Jeff Jendryk of Loyola (.481).
UC San Diego’s Tanner Syftestad continues to be the nation’s top scorer (5.94 points per set) and hitter (5.00 kills per set) although Cal State Northridge’s Arvis Greene is right behind in both categories.
Below are the statistical leaders after the first five weeks of the 2018 season. Full statistical rankings can be found on the NCAA website.
- Team Kills Per Set: UCLA – 13.49
- Individual Kills Per Set: Tanner Syftestad, UC San Diego (5.00)
- Individual Points Per Set: Tanner Syftestad, UC San Diego (5.94)
- Team Hitting Percentage: Long Beach State – .429
- Individual Hitting Percentage: Daenan Gyimah, UCLA (.503)
- Team Assists Per Set: Long Beach State – 12.65
- Individual Assists Per Set: Micah Ma’a, UCLA (10.94)
- Team Blocks Per Set: Concordia (CA) – 2.74
- Individual Blocks Per Set: Aleksandar Perisic, Queens (NC) (1.47)
- Team Digs Per Set: Queens (NC) – 10.60
- Individual Digs Per Set: Joshua Ayzenberg, Sacred Heart (3.19)
- Team Aces Per Set: Cal State Northridge – 2.05
- Individual Aces Per Set: Manuel Melenciano, Emmanuel (GA), (0.61)
- Opponent Hitting Percentage: Long Beach State – .147
Major Category Top 5 Lists: